Singing is about producing musical sounds using the voice which augments regular speech by the use of sustained tonality, rhythm, thus utilising a variety of vocal techniques. A person who sings is called a singer or vocalist. As a singer/vocalist you perform music that can be sung with or without accompaniment using a musical instrument/s. The art of singing can be done in a formal or informal, arranged or improvised setting.
Excellence in singing requires time, dedication, instruction and regular practice of the singing muscles to become more clear and strong.
Key elements covered in this course:
- Breathing (various techniques)
- Warming up the voice and cooling down the voice after singing
- Vocal placement (singing from the diaphragm and not the throat)
- Resonance: pharyngeal usage
- Phonology/articulation crispness & clarity: American, English & South African
- Tension removal: laryngeal
- Developing range, tone & power
- How to interpret a song vocally and visually
- Building confidence
- Developing your own style
- Connecting mind set with technical ability
- Understanding vocal health
- Various exercises to help in building stamina, agility, ear training, etc
- Building your repertoire
“I had no confidence in in singing my songs. I kept on forgetting the lyrics, the songs had no emotions and it was just plain boring. Barbara helped me to not only remember the words to the sings WITH IN an hour, she also helped me with moves and confidence levels just automatically rose cause I felt good singing the songs!
I can recommend her as a vocal coach as well as some one that can help you get confidence in yourself and who you are! Be sure that even if you think NO ONE believes in you…..Barbara Biebie Barbieri does!!”
“To Whom it may concern
If you’re looking for a vocal coach, look no further Barbara is simply the best voice teacher I have come across.
She is patient and professional and her repertoire is amazing. She helped me get my confidence back and taught me to let go of all negativities and go for gold.
I have performed in a few events since: MI Casa @ Portuguese Club CPT, Fado for Africa Gold Reef City, Morning Express SABC3 Singing Fado, Vaal Festival In Vanderbijlpark, Rustenburg Festival in Rustenburg –
I have been successful and it’s all thanks to Barbara.”
Ana Gorete De Abreu