This is a course specifically designed to help you when speaking publicly. Public speaking is a process of speaking a group of people in a structured, deliberate manner intended to inform, influence, or entertain the listeners. It is closely allied to “presenting”. Public speaking is commonly understood as a kind of face-to-face speaking between individuals and an audience for the purpose of communication. Developing skills in this area will increase your confidence and reduce anxiety about situations in which you may be called upon to speak in public. Public Speaking can branch out into the following careers: motivational speaking, leadership/personal development, business, customer service, large group communication, and mass communication.
Key elements covered in this course:
- Becoming an outstanding communicator
- You will negotiate better, sell better, present better, network better and understand what communication really means
- Utilising effective, measurable tone variations
- Body Language – hands, posture
- Changing behaviour through inspiring, interactive talks
- Teaching solid systems that are easily integrated and improve results
- Releasing the expressive power of the voice and body when communicating
- Turn your expertise into a compelling short talk
- Apply assertive verbal skills to capture and maintain audience interest
- Audience relationship – what is the bottom line?, connect and interact
- Developing your skills; strengthens you and brings relaxation to any performance
- Understanding the various types of speeches: Acceptance, Charity, Christmas, Demonstrative, Descriptive, Entertaining, Eulogies/Memorials, Impromptu, Informative, Inspirational, Layout, Motivational, Narrative, New Year, Persuasive, Retirement/Farewell, Team, Thank you
“To whom is may concern,
We, the GetSmarter Marketing team, started training with Barbara Barbieri in 2010. Since then, we have completed another 3 programs, including individual training and are in the process of designing the 4th training program. We now ensure that all team members are trained by Barbara in their induction.
Not only do we thoroughly enjoy each training session that Barbara presents, we have also seen fantastic results, both individually as well as a team. The training that we have received has contributed to a more confident marketing team – both professionally and personally – allowing each team member to complete their role to their full potential. After being exposed to the importance and role of our voice and understanding the various aspects of our voice, there was a definite improvement in the quality of telephone interactions. More importantly we have seen increased confidence levels in each team member, which is invaluable.
From a manager’s point of view, this also helped me tremendously in building the team. Barbara has the ability to understand individuals with ease and identify strengths and weaknesses and areas for improvement. She has assisted me in how to relate to each team member, and how to work with them to build their strengths and ensure that reach their full potential. She is extremely professional in her work and values confidence.
We are looking forward to our next training program and would highly recommend training with Barbara on a personal or professional level. Barbara Barbieri t/a Biebie Productions І Tel: 084 625 4104 І Website: www.biebieproductions.co.za І Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kind regards, Robyn Marketing Manager”
Deborah, Junior Marketing Manager: “Barbara is calm and patient in helping you build your own confidence with your voice. She is uplifting and a pleasure to work with. My voice has improved as well as my confidence. ”
Karin, Marketing Conversion Manager:” I can see and hear a definite difference in my team. They all seem much for more confident on the phone, not only in how they say it but they are spending more time with prospective students, which comes with confidence.
Nikki, Marketing Projects Exec: “After completing only 3 lessons with Barbara, she already she has helped me with my confidence on the telephone and the work place”
Louise, Marketing Projects Manager: “Training with Barbara has made me more aware of how I speak and carry myself, forcing me to pay attention to not only what I am saying but how I am saying it as well. I am now more confident speaking English although my home language is Afrikaans. Having more confidence in myself and my abilities has helped me to be more successful and productive at work because I spend less time wondering whether I can do things and more time doing them.”